Australia's VET system is one of the world's best. It provides people with the skills and knowledge they need to:
- enter the workforce for the first time
- train or re-train for a new job
- upgrade their skills
- move into further study in VET or at university.
VET promotes quality and national consistency in terms of qualifications and the delivery of training. Key elements of the system are the:
- Australian Qualifications Framework
- Australian Quality Training Framework
- State and territory training authorities
- Industry skills councils
- Registered training organisations
- VET regulators
For more information visit the Department of Education and Training's website.