The mutual recognition process
The aim of the IPSN is to improve the mobility and education levels of the hairdressing and beauty industries worldwide. To enable mutual recognition, IPSN member countries mapped their qualifications and associated standards to benchmark them to an agreed framework.
The issues considered in relation to the mapping process are:
- technical content
- underpinning skills and knowledge
- gaps in content between countries
- interrelationships between standards or curriculum modules and other content in the qualification
- variations in assessment practices between the participating countries
- practices undertaken by participating countries to assure quality outcomes
- capacity to meet current and future industry needs.
- Download the International Hairdressing Application Form
- Download the International Beauty Certification Application Form
- Download the International Nail Technology Application Form